Rules Rules & Regulations
According to the rules of the University of Calcutta, Students failing the requirement of minimum attendance may not be allowed to appear as a regular student in University Examinations. This rule is strictly followed for UG and is applicable to PG students as well.
Percentage of Attendance
- A student attending at least 75% of the total number of classes* held shall be allowed to appear at the concerned Semester Examinations subject to fulfilment of other conditions laid down in the regulations.
- A student attending at least 60% but less than 75% of the total number of classes* held shall be allowed to appear at the concerned Semester Examinations subject to the payment of prescribed condonation fees and fulfilment of other conditions laid down in the regulations.
- A student attending less than 60% of the total number of classes* held shall not be allowed to appear at the concerned Semester Examinations and he /she has to pursue admission to the same Semester in the very next year for attending the classes and appearing at the said Semester Examination.
*Such attendance will be calculated from the date of commencement of classes or the date of admission, whichever is later.
- Students must go through the College Notice Board regularly for information
- Students must bring his/her Identity Card issued by the Principal
- Polite and respectful behavior towards the teachers, the non-teaching staff of the college and the fellow students are expected from a student.
- Students are required to maintain cleanliness.
- All the students of the college are expected to participate in the college activities like sports and Cultural functions.
- Authority is not responsible for any loss of personal property.
- Guardians are requested to attend Parent-Teacher meetings when arranged by the College
- Irregular attendance, habitual late coming or objectionable behaviors of any kind may result in the removal of a student from this college.
- Unfair means and /or possession of unauthorized materials in any examination will result in annulment of a student’s entire term of results. A student who rendered unfair assistance to another will equally share the punishment.
- Students are not allowed to use Cell phones & other electronic gadgets during a Class Lecture & Practical Classes.
- Smoking, use of drugs, alcohol and peddling drugs in the campus is strictly prohibited.
- Any ill treatment both physical and verbal based on gender, caste and religion will lead to dismissal.